Producing documents is part of many a business process. Whether it is an offer of employment letter, a supplier contract, a student course offer, etc, etc., creating letters is an essential task in business administration. Where this is done manually, two challenges persist:
- Efficiency – manual document composition is time-consuming
- Accuracy – Manually transferring data from one system to another is prone to errors and when this involves lengthy documents then spotting errors is hard. Document Templates ensure that the fixed part of the document is accurate. However, controlling the quality of the variable data insertion is challenging.
- Volume Growth – If volumes are stable and staff handling documents are well trained the status-quo is an acceptable place to go. However, when planning for growth in volume achieving more with the same amount of staff is always desirable
Sending a job offer with incorrect salary information or a contract with the wrong end-date can have serious consequences for an organisation. Admitting a student to the wrong course is beyond embarrassing. Where the volume of document production is high this rises to the top of priorities. This applies for example to finance, insurance, higher and further education efficiency or any other organisation with high-volume staff turnover.
Being able to generate and deliver an accurately composed business document on the click of a button can be critical to some organisations.
OnBase Document Composition improves outgoing correspondence by leveraging existing data—from OnBase or third-party systems—and automating the generation of Microsoft Word documents. Documents are created faster and workers are more productive because they don’t have to search multiple information sources and manually produce business documents.
- Standardises document generation to improve accuracy and support legal and compliance requirements.
- Increases efficiency by automating the document creation process and centralising template storage.
- Promotes data integrity by pulling information directly from the source, eliminating errors from manual copy/paste.
- Mitigates risks associated with freeform document production and manual data entry errors.
- Even nontechnical users can configure document templates. Because the Template Builder is part of Microsoft Word, it leverages the ribbon toolbar and a wizard-driven interface for a pain-free user experience.
- Data from OnBase or a thirdparty system may be used to populate the composed document. Documents may be created manually by an OnBase user or automatically, without any user intervention.
- Dynamically aggregate information from multiple data sources, including external data sources, user inputs and OnBase values
- Wizard-driven configuration of document templates in Microsoft Word 2010, 2013 or 2016 makes template configuration more intuitive
- Flexible distribution options including email, print, and automatic archiving in OnBase n Flexible security options on both templates and final documents
- Inherit document keywords from template fields and existing OnBase documents
- Leverage external data in documents using XML, SQL statements or Unity Scripts
Example Video Demo – Offer letter: