Salesforce is a well known, cloud-based customer relationship management system. Salesforce includes a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development [Wikipedia].
The solution is highly configurable. It offers a platform for third-party app developers to create their own add-on called the Lightning Platform or Force.com. One of those developers is Hyland Software, the makers of OnBase. OnBase is an enterprise-class integrated document management system that combines workflow, document management, imaging and report management in a single application. Those two
Although you can attach documents to a Salesforce, it should not be considered a document management system. This where OnBase comes in. OnBase have released a connector that gives you access to related documents from within a Salesforce record. For example, when you are looking at a supplier record in Salesforce, the OnBase connector will display all documents it holds that relate to that supplier. You can filter and sort the documents in that grid. To look at a document you double click it. The document viewer has a limited set imaging features, such as zoom and rotate.
This connector (or app) also allows you to import new documents into OnBase, either using the Capture button or drag-and-drop. Document index data from the current record is automatically applied to the new document. Additional data can be entered if needed. This saves a lot of time.
The Integration for Salesforce provides seamless access to OnBase functionality from Salesforce screens.
- Easily reveal relevant content with an OnBase viewer embedded into Salesforce screens
- Quickly find information within content libraries and high-volume transactional documents with filtered search results and sort options
- Streamline document import by capturing documents directly from the Salesforce interface, eliminating the need to switch applications
- Reduce manual indexing by mapping Salesforce data to OnBase Keywords to populate automatically
- Simplify integration with built-in configuration, eliminating custom API development and ongoing maintenance costs
In addition to your normal OnBase licenses all that is required is a minimum of 25 annual user licenses for the Salesforce functionality.
Want to know more? Get in touch